Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh Pinterest...

Who doesn't love Pinterest, right? On my days off (if I'm feeling motivated) I'll try to actually make something from one of my boards.  It makes me feel rather accomplished.  Today I made 3 things! And they were rather tasty. Success!

First, I made French Dip Croissants.  Except I didn't make the dip part so it was kinda just roast beef croissants. They're just crescent rolls, horseradish, provolone cheese, and roast beef.  So easy! And they were delish.

Then I made kale chips.  Every time I read about them online, I saw two things: 1) People think they're delicious 2) Kids LOVE them.  Like seriously, every time I see something about kale chips online someone is raving about how their kids will beg for more.  Weird, I know. But anyway, even though I have no children, I made them.  When I was at Meijer staring at the kale because I had no idea what I was looking for, another woman came up and started looking at it too.  Seeing me awkwardly staring at it, she asked if it was bad.  I told her no, I just had no idea what I was looking for.  She helped me out and told me it would be really good if I baked it.  I told her that's what I was planning on doing and she told me it was kind of an acquired taste and to add lots of salt.  Oh, and she usually has to buy two bunches because her kids love eating them so much. (No joke. I told you!) So anyway, I added lots of salt.  Too much, actually.  But they were still good, and I would definitely make them again (with less seasoning).

And then I made Nutella cookies.  These had four ingredients: Nutella, flour, sugar, and an egg.  Super easy.  My mom made different Nutella cookies last week and I think I liked those better.  These are good, but these are pretty much all Nutella, whereas the ones my mom made were less so.





So there we go.  Three recipes completed in an hour and a half. Woo!


2 comments:

  1. bahaha can you make kale chips for my kid????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes. And I'm sure she will love them. :)

    ReplyDelete