Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Break!

I wanted to take some time off for Easter, and I had some PTO to burn, so I took 3 nights off of work. And in doing so, I ended up with eight nights in a row off. (I know! The perks of working 3 days a week.)  So during my personal Spring Break of sorts, I made a list of things I wanted to get accomplished.  And I think I did a pretty good job!

- I got through Season 2 of The Walking Dead.  It was great...but I also had zombie apocalypse dreams for like 3 nights afterward.

- I got my hair cut and re-highlighted (and I think it looks super cute!)

- I got my nails done with Melli (in anticipation of her engagement :) )


- I bought new capris and new scrubs

- I got my car washed and vacuumed out (and then it rained 30 minutes later...classic Liz)

- I bought tickets to see Jason Mraz TWICE in September! (And got legit seats! I'm sooo excited!!)

- I made these peanut butter bars (which taste EXACTLY like Reeses...aka deliciousness)

-  I love Holy Week.  And since I was off I was able to go to mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, and Easter Sunday.  They're my favorite masses of the year and I'm glad I was able to go!

- I got to see some of my favorite people that I haven't seen in forever!


 - I was able to celebrate Easter Sunday with my family.  We dyed 18x3 eggs and had a lot of fun!


Overall, I think it was a very relaxing, much needed vacation.  I think I'm ready to go back to work though...maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment